Foie gras deserves every consideration.
Follow these simple rules to preserve that trademark finesse.
Raw Foie Gras
- Vacuum packed
- 7 days (0 to 4 °C), wrapped in a tea towel
Semi-preserved or semi-cooked Foie Gras
- In sealed cans , jars and containers
- Bread, shrink-wrapped, vacuum packed (raw or semi-cooked)
- In pastry, brioche, or terrine shrink-wrapped or vacuum packed
- 6 months (2 to 4°C)
- 21 days (2 to 4°C)
- 15 days (2 to 4°C)
Preserved Foie Gras
- In jars or cans
- Several years (10 to 15 °C)